- The San Francisco Bay Area is the top area for clean tech jobs in the U.S. according to Clean Edge.
- Number of clean tech companies in San Francisco: 225
- Average Annual Wage: $66,398
- Number of clean tech venture capital deals (2012-2014) in San Francisco: 317
- Number of clean energy patents granted: 621
- In 2014, San Francisco topped the Top 10 Metro Areas in clean tech leadership.
- San Francisco has been a leader in green energy building projects. In 2014, 782 LEED certified projects and 739 Energy Star buildings and plants were built in San Francisco.
- At the end of 2014, 65,500 energy efficiency jobs were located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The greater San Francisco Bay Area advanced energy jobs at the end of 2014 to 104,500 of which 67% are concentrated in the San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont metropolitan area with 70,374 jobs. The jobs in the greater San Francisco Bay Area are divided into:
- Advanced transportation: 5,490
- Advanced grid technologies: 2,818
- Advanced electricity generation: 28,213
- Building energy efficiency: 65,522
- Advanced fuels: 1,947
As of May 2015
(Updated June 2016, Latest Available)
Resident Labor Force: 548,004
Employed: 528,074 (3.8% Unemployment)
Annual Visitors: 18.01M
Annual Visitor Spending: $10.67B
Population Between 20-54 Years of Age: 55.75%