- Nearly 40 consulate offices are located within the city of San Francisco.
- San Francisco embraces diversity as a growth engine for the city’s economy. Not only is the city seeing a diverse racial and ethnic population, 44.6% of the population is also bilingual.
- 59 airlines serve San Francisco SFO Airport.
- For the year of 2015, SFO facilitated 58,088 international flight operations with a total of 11,244,093 international passengers. Total international Cargo and Mail equated to 274,078 metric tons mostly from Asia and the Middle East.
- During the fall semester of 2015, UC Berkeley enrolled 5,846 international students with a majority from China, South Korea, and India.
- A Foreign Trade Zone at the Port of San Francisco establishes a pipeline where goods can be brought into the country without formal Customs entry, incurring customs duties, or excise taxes until they are entered into American commerce.
As of May 2015
(Updated June 2016, Latest Available)
Resident Labor Force: 548,004
Employed: 528,074 (3.8% Unemployment)
Annual Visitors: 18.01M
Annual Visitor Spending: $10.67B
Population Between 20-54 Years of Age: 55.75%