Social & Digital Media
- The San Francisco Bay Area’s IT industry expertise and vibrant tradition of creative arts have positioned the City as a hub for digital entertainment companies with more than 300 digital media companies operating in the area.
- Among them are Electronic Arts, Zynga, Twitter, Dolby Laboratories, Sony and Sega of America.
- California is ranked #1 among all other states for the arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media sectors with employment of 296,230, or 19.12 employed per thousand jobs with an hourly mean wage of $34.28 ($71,300/yr).
- In the S.F.-South S.F.-Redwood City district, there are approximately 25,210 people employed in the Social & Digital Media sector with a mean hourly wage of $37.38 ($77,740/yr).
- San Francisco State University is considered one of America’s university leaders in the area of Digital Media.
- In Q3 2015, $540M was invested in the Media & Entertainment industry sector.
- 75% of San Francisco households with incomes less than $25,000 have access to the internet; 98 % of households with incomes over $100,000 have internet access.
As of May 2015
(Updated June 2016, Latest Available)
Resident Labor Force: 548,004
Employed: 528,074 (3.8% Unemployment)
Annual Visitors: 18.01M
Annual Visitor Spending: $10.67B
Population Between 20-54 Years of Age: 55.75%