Supporting Inbound Chinese Investment and Business Expansion
Affirming San Francisco’s status as the premiere gateway for Chinese commerce into North America, ChinaSF will support Chinese businesses and investors from start to finish. With an extensive network of business partners, ChinaSF can:
- Connect Chinese businesses with professional services (legal,accounting, tax, real estate, etc) experienced with Chinese companies, in order to solve the logistical needs for business expansion and investment
- Introduce local and regional industry leaders to inbound Chinese businesses to help establish their business presence
- Help publicize the initial entry into the San Francisco business community
- Provide extensive business concierge services (details can be found under the San Francisco office description below)
Supporting San Francisco Bay Area Businesses Locate Opportunities in China
ChinaSF also supports San Francisco Bay Area companies investing in China by connecting local companies with opportunities in China. Because ChinaSF is a partnership between government and the business community, it can leverage both types of relationships to make relevant introductions to Chinese government and business contacts. These important introductions can help facilitate increased speed of success in business expansion.
ChinaSF can also provide assistance in connecting San Francisco Bay Area companies with professional service providers experienced with assisting US companies expand businesses into China.
Cross Border Support
In order to support Chinese and San Francisco-based businesses, three offices have been established to create a foundation of services and relationship-building. There will be offices in both Shanghai and Beijing, along with the head office in San Francisco. These offices are both staffed by bilingual English-Mandarin staff.
The China Offices
The goal of the offices in Shanghai and Beijing are to generate leads and opportunities that can be forwarded to the ChinaSF office in San Francisco and to the many supporting organizations of ChinaSF. The offices will focus on (i) inbound firms looking to open North American headquarters or business operations, interest in merger and acquisition targets in the Bay Area market, and investment in real estate projects or companies in San Francisco and (ii) helping San Francisco area companies invest in and do business with China.
For San Francisco Bay Area companies looking to expand into China, the Shanghai and Beijing offices will help with relevant business introductions and beginning logistics.
The San Francisco Office
The San Francisco office provides one-stop business “concierge services” for inbound Chinese companies in Mandarin. The San Francisco converts leads and opportunities generated by the Shanghai and Beijing Offices and other sources into decisions to locate, expand or invest in San Francisco.
The San Francisco Office also serves Chinese companies that are already located in San Francisco and San Francisco based businesses looking to do business in China. These services include:
- Information Clearinghouse: Serve as an information clearinghouse on city and non-city resources for Chinese businesses. The San Francisco office will coordinate efforts to connect Chinese businesses to identified local service providers (i.e. immigration, legal, finance, marketing, real estate, etc).
- Navigating Government: Serve as a facilitator, advocate and case manager for Chinese businesses navigating City, State and Federal governmental issues.
- Real Estate Assistance: Provide information on the San Francisco real estate market and facilitate connection to the real estate community.
- Incentives: Assist Chinese companies in accessing available and applicable incentive programs including tax exemptions, workforce training programs, energy savings programs and local, State and Federal tax credit programs.
- Workforce: Help Chinese businesses find, train, and hire qualified workers and provide resources for employees relocating to San Francisco.
- Industry: Provide important introductions and connect Chinese companies with local industry leaders and partners.
The San Francisco office will also act as the go-to organization for San Francisco Bay Area based businesses looking to expand operations in China. The San Francisco office will help identify opportunities for connection and build a dialogue with the Shanghai and Beijing offices to provide seamless support.