- Nearly 40 consulate offices are located within the city of San Francisco.
- San Francisco embraces diversity as a growth engine for the city’s economy. Not only is the city seeing a diverse racial and ethnic population, 44.6% of the population is also bilingual.
- 59 airlines serve San Francisco SFO Airport.
- For the year of 2015, SFO facilitated 58,088 international flight operations with a total of 11,244,093 international passengers. Total international Cargo and Mail equated to 274,078 metric tons mostly from Asia and the Middle East.
- During the fall semester of 2015, UC Berkeley enrolled 5,846 international students with a majority from China, South Korea, and India.
- A Foreign Trade Zone at the Port of San Francisco establishes a pipeline where goods can be brought into the country without formal Customs entry, incurring customs duties, or excise taxes until they are entered into American commerce.