- San Francisco embraces diversity as a growth engine for the city’s economy. The city is home to a diverse racial and ethnic population and 45.2% of the population is bilingual.
- 58 airlines serve San Francisco SFO Airport.
- For the year of 2016, SFO facilitated 41,328 international flight operations with a total of 12,362,668 international passengers. Total international cargo and mail equated to 291,041 metric tons, mostly from Asia and the Middle East.
- During the fall semester of 2016, UC Berkeley enrolled 5,703 international students with a majority from China, South Korea, and India.
- A Foreign Trade Zone at the Port of San Francisco establishes a pipeline where goods can be brought into the country without formal Customs entry, incurring customs duties, or excise taxes until they enter into American commerce.
- 45 consulate general offices and 3 trade organizations are located within the San Francisco area.
Click to view each individual Consulate page.